The DHAA, in partnership with Colgate, are proud to launch the Oral Health Student Leadership Program.
We are looking for one representative from each Oral Health Program in Australia to be a part of this exciting initiative.
Student leaders will act as liaisons and facilitate communication between the oral health program’s students and DHAA.
They will engage in activities intended to inform students about the association and the oral health profession.
Why be involved?
- Develop your leadership potential
- Be involved in your professional association
- Build your professional network
- Help communicate important professional news to your classmates
- Make lifelong friends
What are the benefits?
- All student leaders will be invited to the DHAA Leadership Day in Melbourne, on the 26 May. Your economy flights, one night’s accommodation and event registration will be complimentary.
- A $500 bursary at the end of the first year of the program.
- Complimentary attendance at the International Symposium on Dental Hygiene in Brisbane, 15-17 August 2019.
- Complimentary new graduate membership and insurance upon graduation.
What is required of me?
We are looking for engaged students who want to develop their leadership potential, and get involved with their profession. Successful applicants would be expected to participate in regular teleconferences (once every two months) and attend State committee meetings and events where possible. We would also like all student leaders to write at one article each year for our newsletter, the Bulletin.
1 You must be a second-year student in a Bachelors program, or a first-year student in an Advanced Diploma Program.
2 You must be a student member of the DHAA. This is free and you can sign up at dhaa.info/membership.