Your representative in the dental hygiene industry
The DHAA is the peak professional body representing dental hygienists and oral health therapists in Australia. The mission of the Association is to support the continuing development of the oral health professions and preventive models of care.
The key benefits of membership
The National Association was formed in 1991 and the Board meets four times a year to address issues relating to the uniformity of practice and training throughout Australia, and to plan for the continuing growth and application of the profession.
Through this continued growth and development, the DHAA is able to provide high-quality and relevant member benefits, which include the following;
Our missions and goals
- Set high quality evidence based standards for the profession.
- Provide communication and support to members.
- Provide evidence-based professional development.
- Promote optimal general health through the provision of quality oral health services by DH and OHT.
- Advance tertiary and post-graduate education and research.
- Abide by principles of effective, transparent, ethical and financial governance.