Straight Smile Centre will be hosting this event at The Highway on Anzac Highway in Plympton.
6:00 Arrival of guests and refreshments served
6:30 Introduction by the host
6:45 On screen presentation by Penny Hatzimanolakis
7:30 Refreshments and Q&A
In order for DH to provide appropriate treatments, one must be aware of new information, new technologies but most importantly be aware of when ‘that’s how we where taught to do it’ is no longer applicable. We need a system to evaluate this copious amount of incoming information. Evidence based decision making is not an easy task but with efficient resources and an understanding of the fundamentals, one can reach their full potential and contribute to improvements in oral and overall health care.
This lecture is intended for oral health care providers in understanding the fundamental components of evidence-informed decision-making.
1) What is Evidence-Informed Decision making?
2) Ask. How do I frame the question?
3) Acquire. How can I find the best evidence in an efficient manner?
4) Appraise. How can I decide if the particular ‘evidence’ is reliable and generalisable to apply to my patients?
5) Integrate. How do I decide which of multiple studies to use?
6) Adapt. How do I use the information from #5 in decision-making/policy brief?
7) Apply. How do I develop the implementation plan for patient care?
8) Analyse. How do I evaluate if the plan worked?