Get your application in before the end of April for the Dental Hygiene Research Fund.
In 2010, the DHAA introduced the Dental Hygiene Research Fund (DHRF) which is available for any members working in research projects.
The objective of the Research Fund is the provision of better dentistry, support for leadership and professional development for Dental Hygienists within the dental profession.
It is a great opportunity for members to enhance their careers, increase their personal and professional networks and add value to the profession in ways that may not otherwise have been possible.
The DHRF will be managed by the DHAA Ltd. Research Committee on behalf of DHAA Ltd. The Research Committee will be guided by speciﬁc Terms of Reference with all information and contacts on the DHAA Ltd. website. The application forms are available to be downloaded.
A grant, up to the value of $3000, will be paid to any one recipient for a one year period. There may be multiple recipients. Monies may be received from other sources for the project. Ongoing funding for continuation of the same research will require another application.
An Advisory Panel of three (3) will assess each research application based on set criteria. The DHAA Ltd. Research Committee has the ﬁnal say as to the recipients of the grant and no correspondence will be entered into.
The Advisory Panel will comprise of a registered dentist or academic, a DHAA Ltd. member with a research background, and one other person external to the DHAA Ltd. The Research Committee will liaise with the Advisory Panel. Every eﬀort will be made to eliminate any conﬂict of interest.
All information is to be supplied by the due date and no application will be accepted after the closing date of 30th April in any calendar year.
Ethics must be approved before payment is paid to the grant recipient or institution.
Further funding for continuation of the same research will require another application.
A grant recipient of the DHRF may be:
- • Any graduated clinician who is a member of the DHAA and who has Research support from a University.
- • Any University academic who is working with Dental Hygiene or BOH
- • Any applicant must be a member of the DHAA
The applications will be assessed on the following basis and have a higher weighting on scientiﬁc quality:
- • Scientiﬁc quality: this includes clarity of the hypothesis or research objectives, the strengths and weaknesses of the design and feasibility.
- • Signiﬁcance and Innovation: potential to increase knowledge about human health; the application of new ideas, procedures, technology to program or health policy setting; important topics that will positively impact human
- • Track record of investigators : the applicant / team must have the experience and support necessary to deliver the research
- • Appropriateness of the budget
- • Feasibility of the time frame
The applicants are required to complete the application form, which may be downloaded at www.dhaa.info and send electronically to:
DHAA Ltd email: [email protected]
Successful Applicant Guidelines
On notiﬁcation of being a recipient of a DHAA Ltd. Research Grant a Letter of Agreement will be sent outlining the conditions of accepting the grant. The letter of agreement will require co‐ signature by the research supervisor.
The conditions of the grant are:
- • The applicant will give permission for their name and a summary of their application to be recorded on the DHAA web site, annual report of the DHAA Ltd. and other areas where there may be a promotion opportunity.
- • The applicant is to speak and/ or present a poster at an agreed nominated conference with acknowledgement of recognised support by DHAA Ltd.
- • A progress report is to be provided by the applicant on the status of the research after 12 months
- • On completion of the research, an article will be provided that is suitable for publication in the DHAA Bulletin and Journal.
- • The applicant is to supply full banking details for deposit of the grant by DHAA
If you have any further questions about the DHAA Ltd. Research Fund please do not hesitate to contact the DHAA Ltd. at [email protected].[box]
Now’s the time to grasp your opportunity
This is a great opportunity for members to enhance their careers, increase their personal and professional networks and add value to the profession in ways that may not otherwise have been possible.