Topics to be covered include:
- Orthodontic examination, careful and complex examination of the extraoral and intraoral soft and hard tissues.
- The key periodontal elements that may influence orthodontic treatment plan decisions.
- Assessment of patients’ periodontal health, tissue phenotype, frenal attachments, pre-existing soft tissue deficiencies, and the presence of impacted or missing tooth units.
- Various interventional and treatment options utilised to manage conditions prior to, during and after the completion of orthodontic care.
- The contribution of modern periodontal treatment modalities in the management of periodontal conditions occurring during and following orthodontic intervention.
- Case study involving orthodontic treatment, periodontal stabilisation and the rehabilitation of the dentition after it has been impacted by periodontal disease.
About Our Speaker
Dr Marina Kamel
BDS (Otago), FRACDS (GDP), DClinDent (Perio), MRACDS (Perio)
Dr Marina Kamel is a specialist periodontist based at Westside Perio and Implants. She completed her Bachelor of Dental Surgery from the University of Otago, New Zealand in 2012 and completed her Doctor of Clinical Dentistry (Periodontics) and specialist training in implant dentistry at the University of Sydney, Australia in 2019. She was awarded a membership with the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons (MRACDS) in the Periodontics specialty as well as obtaining fellowship (FRACDS) in general dental practice. Dr Kamel is the President of the Australian Society of Periodontology (ASP) and the Vice President for the Australasian Osseointegration Society (AOS) in Queensland.
She is an active member of the International Team for Implantology (ITI), Australian & New Zealand Academy of Periodontists (ANZAP), and the Australian Dental Association (ADA). Dr Kamel received multiple academic and research awards during her professional career. She was awarded the prestigious FG Christensen medal for obtaining the highest ranking in the primary RACDS examinations across Australasia in 2013. She has received the reputable Judith and Dr. Mario Adamo Implant Innovation Scholarship for her research work in 2018 as well as the Osteology Foundation Research Award for her research in 2020.
QLD - 7pm
NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS - 8pm
SA - 7:30pm
NT - 6.30 pm
WA - 6pm
DHAA Members: Webinar registration is free for all categories of DHAA membership.
Non members: registration is available for non members at a cost of $40 per attendee.
All attendees will be emailed the link to join 24hrs before the webinar starts and again 1 hour before the webinar starts. If you have not received the email by those times we ask that you please log into your profile and ensure you have registered for the event correctly, then review your sent emails under the 'Email Preferences' tab.
If the email is not displaying here please contact us and we will help out.