On completion of this webinar, attendees will be able to:
- Summarise the practical ramifications to dental hygienists, oral health therapists and dental therapist with the new scope of practice standards.
- Outline the main categories of professional indemnity insurance claims against DHs, OHTs and DTs in the past.
- Describe possible changes of professional indemnity insurance claims against DHs, OHTs and DTs with the introduction of the new scope of practice standards, drawing on data collected from other health professional groups.
- List possible strategies to minimise professional indemnity insurance claims.
- Outline the process in case a complaint is lodged against a member
QLD, NSW, ACT, VIC, TAS- 8pm
SA, NT- 7.30 pm
WA - 6pm
DHAA Members: Webinar registration is free for all categories of DHAA membership.
Non members: registration is available for non members at a cost of $20 per attendee.
All attendees will be emailed the link to join on Tuesday 28 April and again 1 hour before the webinar starts to allow for late registrations.
If you registered before the 28th of April have not received the email by Wednesday morning we ask that you please log into your profile and review your sent emails under the 'Email Preferences' tab. If the email is not displaying here please contact us and we will help out.
Presenter: John Cotterill
John is an insurance broker and data analyst with BMS with 10 years experience in the insurance industry. Through a wide variety of experience across the industry, and a psychology degree, he brings a broad experiential skillset to the DHAA program.