We are back this year with our wonderful networking and CPD event.
This years event will have Dr Helen McInnes, a specialist in special needs dentistry presenting:
Working with people with special needs: Considerations and practical suggestions for providing care for individuals with sensory, cognitive, and behavioural disabilities
CPD Hours: 1.5hrs
In day-to-day clinical practice, an increasing number of adults and children are presenting with sensory and cognitive differences that impact on their behaviour and the provision of oral health care. Recognising and embracing these differences and creating a supportive and enabling environment can result in a safer, happier, and more satisfying dental experience for both patient and clinician.
- This presentation aims to foster:
- An understanding of different models of disability and key determinants of health
- An appreciation of the need for a holistic and individualised treatment approach for people with special needs
- An overview of the interplay between sensory and cognitive differences and challenging behaviours
- Confidence in using practical techniques to manage these behaviours
- An understanding of key legal and safety issues in providing care for people with special needs.
About Our Speaker:
Dr Helen McInnes is a specialist in Special Needs Dentistry at the Adelaide Dental Hospital and a fly-in-fly-out consultant for Oral Health Services Tasmania. She completed her undergraduate, honours and specialist training at the University of Adelaide, where she is also now a clinical senior lecturer. Helen is passionate about all aspects of Special Needs Dentistry, with a particular focus on patients with medical complexities, as well as head and neck cancer care.
Our Event Sponsors:
Our event hand hygiene products and masks are kindly sponsored by Erskine Oral Care.
DHAA members: Early Bird (until the 30th June) - $55
DHAA members - $65
DHAA Student members - $50
ADOHTA members - $82
Non members - $130