Your representative in the oral health industry
The DHAA is the peak professional body representing dental hygienists, dental therapists and oral health therapists in Australia. The mission of the Association is to support the continuing development of the oral health professions and preventive models of care.
The key benefits of membership
The National Association was formed in 1991 to address issues relating to the uniformity of practice and training throughout Australia, and to plan for the continuing growth and application of the profession. Through this continued growth and development, the DHAA is able to provide high-quality and relevant member benefits, which include the following;
- Relevant CPD and networking events
- Professional Indemnity Insurance and practice advice
- Industrial relations advice
- Practice support resource hub
- Advocacy for the profession
- Collaborations with local partners
- Regular communication about the profession and practice update
- Support for special interest groups
- Regular member surveys
- International connections
Our strategic goals
1. Set high quality evidence-based standards for the profession.
2. Provide communication and support to members.
3. Provide evidence-based professional development.
4. Promote oral health literacy.
5. Advocate in the interests of members, increase the profile and be a unified voice for preventive oral health.
6. Advance tertiary and post-graduate education and research.
7. Abide by principles of effective, transparent, ethical and financial governance.