It’s all about the strategy
Strategy is the cornerstone of success and flexibility is the foundation. We need to be flexible in our strategy to ensure that we can adjust to the changes in legislation and best practice. The DHAA board meet on a regular basis to review and adjust the key focus and priorities to maintain our commitment to our members.
Outlining our key priorities
In early 2015 the DHAA Board established a list of key priorities for the Association in the year ahead, as itemised on this page. The plan is revised and updated when necessary in order to ensure the association direction and priorities are achieved.
The seven goal statements with their specific action plan listed below provide a framework for our targeted activities, projects and interventions. The strategic plan is a guiding document for our Association Directors and also identifies areas for greater member involvement at the state level. In particular goal statements four and five list several targeted actions for oral health promotion and greater participation by Dental Hygienists and Oral Health Therapist’s within community settings and partnerships in allied health.
We encourage all members to read the strategic plan to gain a broader knowledge of this working document and the direction the Association has set.
DHAA Strategic Plan in Detail
In order to achieve our mission, the DHAA will:
Approved by the DHAA Board 20 November 2019
1. Set high quality standards for the profession
2. Provide communication and support to members
3. Provide evidence-based professional development
4. Promote oral health literacy
5. Advocate in the interests of members, increase the profile and be a unified voice for preventive oral health
6. Advance tertiary and post-graduate education and research
7. Abide by principles of effective, transparent, ethical and financial governance