Now’s the time to grasp your opportunity
This is a great opportunity for members to enhance their careers, increase their personal and professional networks and add value to the profession in ways that may not otherwise have been possible.
DHRF Application Form
Please complete the form or download the Microsoft Word version here
Student Support Funding
The DHAA Ltd. is proud to introduce Student Support Funding for student members of the Dental Hygienists’ Association of Australia Ltd.
The objective of this funding is to provide support for oral health students and to promote a team approach to dentistry, inclusive of Dental Hygienists and Oral Health Therapists.
It is a great opportunity for the DHAA Ltd to partner with the students members of the Association, and demonstrate their support for those devoting their time to a future career in oral health.
This funding will be managed by the DHAA Ltd Board of Directors. The application forms are available to be downloaded.
The funding, up to a total value of $5000, will be paid to any recipient for a specified event. Students may apply for a minimum of $250, and a maximum of $5000. The $5000 pool may split between up to five recipients.
A Panel of three (3) Directors will assess each application based on set criteria. The DHAA Ltd.
Board has the ﬁnal say as to the recipients of the grant and no correspondence will be entered into.
All information is to be supplied by the due date and no application will be accepted after the closing date of 30 July in any calendar year. Funding for annual events will require another application each calendar year.
A recipient of this funding must be:
- An enrolled student in an Accredited Oral Health Program
- A student member of the DHAA Ltd
- Affiliated with a student society
The applications will be assessed on the following basis:
- Event details, including benefits of the event to Oral Health students
- Promotion opportunities to be provided to the DHAA
- Appropriateness of the budget
- Where possible, oral health and dental student integration at the event
Successful Applicant Guidelines
Successful recipients will be advised by 30 August.
The applicant will give permission for their name and a summary of their application to be recorded on the DHAA Ltd. web site, and provide a report of the event for the DHAA newsletter.
Note: Form and word doc applications; in this situation we would like a form as the application is shorter;
Community Oral Health Projects
Since 2005, DHAA has offered its members the opportunity to apply for grants to support community oral health projects and programs (COHP).
Dental hygienists and oral health therapists can initiate, or become involved in, projects through their workplace, studies, community groups/organisations or a professional/social contact.
The value of these projects is through raising awareness, providing essential services and previously unmet needs, as well as promoting professional development and career/research skills.
Use of funding can include (but is not limited to) the following:
- • purchase or development of dental health education resources
- • preventive dental materials or supplies
- • equipment purchase
- • part sponsorship for personal expenditure
COHP funding will be managed by The DHAA Ltd Board of Directors (The Board). A panel of Directors will assess each application based on the information provided, its relevance to oral health promotion and the oral health profession plus alignment with goals of the DHAA Ltd.
The Board will have the ﬁnal say in the success of an application and no correspondence will be entered into. Applicants are eligible to reapply for a grant in subsequent years, regardless of previous applications or grant success.
The grant, with a maximum value of $5000, will be paid to the project organiser. It is expected that the DHAA Ltd logo is used on any promotional material or opportunities connected with the project.
To be eligible to apply for the COHP you must hold active membership with DHAA Ltd.
Applications must be supported by documentation outlining:
- • the purpose, goals and target of the project
- • proposed timeline
- • delivery strategies
- • amount of funds requested
- • proposed use of funding
- • funding breakdown and justification
- • expected outcome/s of the project
- • methods of evaluation
For advice and guidance on how to meet the eligibility criteria please email: [email protected]
Applicants are required to complete the form provided and submit any further supporting information by uploading the documents through the website.
Successful applicant guidelines
Outcomes of the application will be advised by email. Successful applicants will be asked to provide bank account details for transfer of funds.
Successful applicants are required to provide:
- • progress report/s to the Board to demonstrate appropriate use of funding. The report/s should include a description of the use of the funds, and receipts where applicable. A template will be provided.
- • a written article (including your name, project title and summary) within 6 months of receipt of the funds for publication by DHAA Ltd in ‘The Bulletin’ and the annual report.